How to vote if you’re registered outside of NC:
If you’re a student, chances are that you’re going to be here in Asheville on Election Day (and during the early voting period in your home state) because elections fall in the middle the UNC Asheville’s semester. However, you can still cast your ballot!
- You will likely want to vote absentee. To do so, you will need to request an absentee ballot from your state or county Board of Elections.
- Find deadlines for requesting an absentee ballot on the U.S. Vote Foundation webpage which provides important registration/election dates and deadlines for all 50 states, unincorporated territories, and the District of Columbia. The deadlines are usually well ahead of the election. Check them in advance!
- Also, always check your county and state Board of Elections for the most up-to-date and accurate information.
- You will also need to mail your absentee ballot well in advance of the election.
- If you need help with postage or need a witness to sign your form, feel free to contact Ashley Moraguez (Political Science) at firstname.lastname@example.org or Robert Straub (Student Affairs) at email@example.com.