If you are not yet registered to vote in North Carolina but would like to be, please see the instructions for registering in NC here.
If you think you may already be registered to vote in North Carolina but are not sure, use the NC Voter Search Tool to check your registration status on the North Carolina State Board of Elections website. This site will help you determine:
- if you are registered to vote in NC
- the address you used when you registered
- the county in which you are registered
- your election day polling location
- who is running for office in the upcoming election (you can access your sample ballot from this site)
Please note that you must be a resident of the county in NC in which you plan to register. College students can choose whether to register at their permanent/home address or at the address at which they reside when they attend school. There is no “right” answer as to where a student should register. Instead, students should consider registering to vote where they think the day-to-day laws and political decisions affect them the most.
If you are interested in registering to vote outside of NC, please see this page. Registration requirements and deadlines vary by state.